|| 1Week (15 hours in total)
||Click here to register for this course.
This course is the basic introductory course to "jump-start" you on the practical path in electronics. It would not teach you how to build a space-craft in 1week!.., but will definitely bring you to the intriguing world of practical electronics and give you all the practical basic skills and knowledge you need to hit the ground running in your practical electronics pursuit.
At the end of this training students would have the following skills.
- Identify and test basic electronis components.
- Use basic test and measuring instruments
- Understand schematic diagrams
- Breadboard simple circuits
- Solder simple circuits
- Solar technology and its applications
- Understand MATLAB basics and applications
- Build and assemble simple electronic projects.
Embedded software, Microcontrollers, Electronics manufacturing, Commercial awareness are all done in the diploma course.
- ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS & DEVICES: physical identification, testing and uses of active and passive components.
- USING TEST & MEASURING INSTRUMENTS: Training will cover basic usage, applications (and also precautions) of test and measuring Instruments, starting with analog & digital multimeters, signal generators, oscilloscopes, bench power supplies, logic
probes, pulsers, clamp meters & IC testers.
- BREAD-BOARDING & SOLDERING: Each student would be thought the basic rules and tricks involved in bread-boarding and soldering of circuits, and also would have the opportunity to practice it (under supervision) using the components from the training kit.
- SIMPLE PROJECT EXERCISE: You'll have to implement and couple a simple electronics project.
- MATLAB Basics: Introduction, what is MATLAB? What is SIMULINK? , Overview of the user interface , Command window and Basic Arithmetic , the Assignment operator, Basic mathematical definitions , Complex numbers , fixing typos , saving and ending your Matlab session.
Click here to register for this course.