| To Register For SFP TRAINING|
|If you are doing a design & build project, and you have not learnt these skills during your IT, or you have not handled a project of this magnitude before. Contracting the services of a road-side man is almost inevitable!!|
Doing the SFP training is one sure way to avoid this.
SKILLS FOR PROJECT TRAINING (SFP).
|COURSE CODE:||SFP 510|
N25K (Microcontroller Based)
Q. Who needs SFP Training?
Ans. SFP training is for students who are doing design & build projects!!
If you are doing a design and build project there are some skills and design knowledge you need to know. Some of these skills are trivial but you almost don't stand a chance of coupling & implementing a project if you don't know them.
Q.OK! I'm with you, but why are these "skills & Design knowledge" not taught in class?
Ans.These skills are industry based skills!! Industry based skills are not taught in class anywhere in the world!!.
It is for this reason you go for IT training but alot of students abuse it and try to look for money instead.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESThe goal is to make sure you have the Design, Implementation and Coupling skills to handle any design and build project! We demystyfy everything and try to take you through your learning curve with the least pain!!
Q.Why would this training work for me?
Ans.The approach we take makes the training work for everyone. This is why:
- The training is not generalised!..it is customised to your project, hence your project is used as a case study, and you'll be taught your project modules.
- You'll attempt a design and build project during the training. This is not your project but would be something similar, so you learn the skills and techniques required. For example if your project is a power project , you'll do a design and build power project, if your project involves a microcontroller, your case study project would involve a microcontroller.
- When you register, we customise your course outline to your needs alone, hence ,You must have a project topic already before enrolling for this course.
Q. Is this part of your boot-camp training or can I get it on demand?
Ans. No, this has nothing to do with bootcamp training. You can get it on demand.
- ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS & DEVICES: This is the first stage of the training. You'll be taught how to identify, implement and use electronic components relevant to your project. this would involve the use of data sheets. If you are doing a mechanical/mechatronics project, mechanical components & their characteristics would be dealt with.You'll also be taught the behaviour of these components in real life (deviations from ideal).
- USING TEST & MEASURING INSTRUMENTS:At this stage you'll learn how to set up test gear for your project. You'll be taught only instruments required for your project. E.g if you are working on a signal generator project, you'll be taught extensively how to use the oscilloscope and signal generators.
- ELECTRONIC MODULES:Any circuit is made up of electronic modules. At this stage we'll deal with modules involved in your project. examples include: 555timer multivibrators, opAmp circuits like integrators, differentiators, log amplifiers etc... transistor modules like class A amplifiers, classB amplifiers.. to mention a few.
- MICROCONTROLLERS:If your project involves a microcontroller, we'll transfer full microcontroller technology to you. This would involve the following:
- Microcontroller Basics: Architecture, Instruction set, files & register, Program memory, clock and timing.
- Microcontroller hardware/Programming: Connecting the Hardware, MPLAB IDE (Testing, Debugging & single stepping). Assembly language, Flow charts, Understanding headers, Simple programs, Programming Exercise.
Mounting electronics hardware to casings and chasis, wiring your project (cable ratings), testing and coupling, project report, project presentation, referencing (Havard style, IEEE style)
Ans. This training takes a surgical approach. Only aspects you need would be taught. Also you are given all theoretical materials to read in advance before coming, so once you come for the training we'll brush through any aspects you don't understand and get down straight to business.